[vip_students] Re: retrieving an email from recycling bin

  • From: "Flor Lynch" <florlync@xxxxxx>
  • To: <vip_students@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 13:32:12 +0100

It is not absolutely the case that a message is gone permanently when it is
deleted from Deleted Items in outlook Express.  The data remains on disk so
long as you haven't done a Disk Cleanup or emptied your Recycle Bin since
that time.  However, it may be tricky to retrieve it in a readable form.
But there is hope.  If the message was deleted recently, and one feels
comfortable using System Restore, one may restore their Windows to a time
when the message was present in the Inbox, let's say, or in the Deleted
Items before it was deleted from there.

Then, outside of that,  there's also the fairly simple solution of asking
the original sender to please resend the message...