[vip_students] java update request on my laptop

  • From: Èdel Carey <careyedel@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <vip_students@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2012 19:24:49 -0000

Hi all

Now that my tower is at the doctor I am using my laptop and there is a
really annoying flashing message saying that java auto update needs my
permission to update.  However when I go to update it I get a message
seeking permission with the cancel tab highlighted.

My question is do I need java?  What is it for.  If I don?t need it, how do
I get rid of this very annoying message?.  It keeps redirecting my zoomtext
to the bottom of my screen to catch my attention and needless to say it is
driving me mad.

I have other laptop issues but I think I will put them under a different
subject line.

Thanks in anticipation of any help on this matter.

Edel