[vip_students] Re: icloud clear out

  • From: garyworn <garyworn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "vip_students@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <vip_students@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2014 18:49:22 +0000

Vincent.
Try this.
iCloud: iCloud storage and backup overview
When you sign up for iCloud, you automatically get 5 GB of free storage. Your
iCloud storage is used for iCloud Backup, app data and documents stored in
iCloud, and iCloud Mail (your @icloud.com email account).
If you run out of space, there are several ways you can increase your available
iCloud storage. For example, you can decrease the size of your Camera Roll
backup, change which apps you back up, or delete documents and old email
messages you no longer need. You can also increase your storage by upgrading
your storage plan. For more information, seeiCloud storage management overview
and Upgrade your iCloud storage.
What iCloud backs up
You have important information on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. iCloud
automatically backs up your device over Wi-Fi every day while it’s turned on,
locked, and connected to a power source. With your device information backed up
in iCloud, you can easily set up a new device or restore information on one you
already have.
Here’s what iCloud backs up:
Purchased history for music, movies, TV shows, apps, and books
Your iCloud backup includes information about the content you have purchased,
but not the purchased content itself. When you restore from an iCloud backup,
your purchased content is automatically downloaded from the iTunes Store, App
Store, or iBooks Store. Automatic downloading is based on iTunes in the Cloud
availability by country, and previous purchases may be unavailable if they have
been refunded or are no longer available in the store.
Photos and videos in your Camera Roll
Device settings
App data
Home screen and app organization
iMessage, text (SMS), and MMS messages
Ringtones
Visual Voicemail
Your iOS device backup only includes data and settings stored on your device.
It doesn't include data already stored in iCloud, for example contacts,
calendars, bookmarks, mail messages, notes, shared photo streams, My Photo
Stream, and documents you save in iCloud using iOS apps and Mac apps.
Last Modified: Jan 16, 2014

Sent from my iPhone