[vip_students] Word tips: Two ways to make folders quickly

  • From: "Paul Traynor" <paul.traynor@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <vip_students@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 12:20:39 -0000

Hi All,

I got the idea to write up the below tips due to a question posed by a new
member, you are very welcome Mary and indeed all our other new members. I
suppose it comes under the heading of file management. Give both tips a go
and see how you get on.

There are two ways you can make a new folder for saving files into.

First way:

1.      Go to the desktop using keys "winkey + D" and then press the letter
"M" to jump to "My Documents".

2.      Press enter to go into my documents.

3.      Press keys "Alt + F" to open the file menu and arrow down to "new"
usually the first choice in the file menu.

4.      Right arrow into "new" and choose folder by hitting enter on it.

5.      Now give the folder a name, call it anything you like and press
enter to complete the task.

Now you have a new folder called a "sub folder" within My documents.

Second way:

This might be  beuseful if when you are about to save a document in
Microsoft word or excel etc and you really wish you had a new separate
folder to save the document into.

1.      When you go to save the word document using keys "F12" or "file menu
and save as" do a reverse tab once before you type in the file name. This
places you within the "my documents" folder from within the word
application.

2.      . Press the application key which on a desktop computer is the third
key out from right of the spacebar or if its a laptop and you aren't sure
where the application key is just press keys, "shift + F10" for the same
menu to pop up.

3.       From this menu choose "new" and right arrow in here then pressing
enter on "folder".
4.      Type in a name for the new folder, it can be whatever  you like then
press the enter key to complete the creation of the folder.

5.      You should now find yourself placed directly on this new folder when
it is completed and in order to save the file into it you should press the
enter key on it to open it up.
6.      Tab once and type in a new file name then press enter key and you
have saved that document into the folder.
Hope you found the above instructions simple and easy to follow.

Cheers all,

It has removed 3041 spam emails to date.