[vip_students] Windows 2,000

  • From: tony scanlon <turrots@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: vip_students@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 09:34:09 +0100

This may be of interest to some on the list, it appeared on the Access
UK list this morning.
Tony

chris hallsworth to access-uk
show details 21:17 (12 hours ago)

Hello all,
A little bird tells me today is Tuesday July 13 <smiles>. This marks
the end of an era for computing. , which was once a very popular
predecessor to Windows XP, is no longer supported. This does not mean
it will stop working; it means any security holes found in the
operating system shall not be fixed. I also believe that today marks
the end of the support lifecycle for Windows XP service pack 2. This
means you should upgrade to service pack 3 as soon as possible. Better
still, upgrade to either Windows Vista (supported until 2012, Vista
RTM no longer supported as of April 13 this year) or Windows 7
(supported until goodness know when <smiles>).
Well just wanted to let you know.