[vip_students] Tutorial: Removing Google Chrome!

  • From: "[NCBI] Support" <support@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <vip_students@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Jan 2014 12:14:38 -0000

Sometimes for whatever reason Google Chrome can make itself the default web
browser in place of Internet Explorer. For many people unaccustomed to
Chrome it can prove to be a difficult browser to work with and in such cases
removing it and setting Internet Explorer as the proper default is
preferred.
Here's how to go about removing Chrome and reinstating IE as the default.

(Windows XP)
1. Open the start menu and arrow down to settings then press the right arrow
once.
2. Press enter key on control panel and wait for it to open up.
3. Using your arrow keys to move around the control panel screen or by
pressing letter "I" look for Internet Options and press enter key on it.
4. When Internet Options opens up, use the keys, "Control + tab" till you
come to a page called "Programs"
5. Using the tab key move along the controls on this page till you find a
checkbox where it says, "Always check to if Internet Explorer is the default
browser" and make sure its checked, if it isn't then use the spacebar to
correct this.
5.  Also while on this page make sure that Internet Explorer is set as the
browser of choice.
6. When you have done this tab over to the OK button and press the spacebar
then exit out of the control panel, "Left Alt + F4".

(Windows 7)
1. Open the start menu and in the resulting edit box type in "Internet
Option" excluding the quotes.
2. Press the down arrow till you come to the result you want which is
"Internet Options" and press the enter key on it.
3. When it opens up use keys "Control + Tab" to jump to the Programs page.
4. In here make the following checks;
*. Tell me if internet explorer is not the default web browser, "Checkbox"
checked by default.
Notes: If this checkbox isn't checked then check it using the spacebar.
5. Press the tab key to the OK button and press the spacebar to complete.

[Removing/Uninstalling Chrome From The Computer]

(Windows XP)
1. Open the start menu and press the down arrow to settings.
2. Right arrow once and press the enter key on "Control Panel".
3. When Control Panel opens up, press the arrow keys or press letter "A"
till you locate "Add/Remove Programs" and press the enter key.
Notes: Depending on how many programs you have on your computer will
determine how long it takes the list of installed software to appear so you
can make changes. Give it time to populate.
4. When the list of installed programs comes up, arrow down through it till
you find "Chrome" and then press the tab key till you come to "Remove or
Change/Remove" as it can be sometimes.
5. Press the Spacebar on Remove and wait for it to begin the Uninstallation
process. At some point it will pop up a further "Uninstall button" which you
may have to tab key to or you may be lucky and it will just pop up and be
announced by your screen reader. When you have focused on the Uninstall
button, press the spacebar on it and Chrome will begin uninstalling itself.
Give it a few minutes to complete this process then use keys, "Left Alt +
F4" to close out of the programs list and control panel.
That's it, you're done removing Chrome.

(Windows 7)
1. Open the Windows 7 start menu.
2. In the resulting edit box type in the following words exactly with a
space;

Programs and feat

Notes: I just put in the word "Feat" above as windows search will know what
I want and provide it for me as one of the search results. What we are
looking for in fact is "Programs and Features", use the arrow keys to move
to this result and press the enter key on it.
Notes: When programs and features opens up it will provide us with a listing
of all installed software on our computer.
3. Now arrow down to the Chrome entry or Google Chrome as it might be called
and press the application key once.
Notes: The application key is the third key out from right side of the
spacebar.
You can also use keys, "Shift + F10" which will also provide the same menu
choices.
4. When you have press the application key, arrow down once to "Uninstall"
and press the enter key.
5. After a few moments an Uninstall button will pop up, press the spacebar
on this button to completely remove Google Chrome from your computer. Give
the process some time to finish and you're done.
:Notes: You can use both the above procedures to remove any other software
that you wish from your computer but I urge caution if doing this in case
you remove anything important to the running of your systems.

---
is active.

Follow us on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/ncbiworkingforpeoplewithsightloss
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/ncbi_sightloss

Check-out NCBI's Micheal O Muircheartaigh appeal on the following link.
http://youtu.be/25P2tiuCi0U

NCBI Group - CRO No 26293  CHY 20902
NCBI Services - CRO No 527862  CHY 4626
NCBI Retail - CRO No 527863  CHY 20619
NCBI Charitable Foundation - CRO No 527864 CHY 12673

Information in this email (including attachments) is confidential.  It is
intended for receipt and consideration only by the intended recipient.  If you
are not an addressee or intended recipient, any use, dissemination,
distribution, disclosure, publication or copying of information contained in
this email is strictly prohibited.  Opinions expressed in this email may be
personal to the author and are not necessarily the opinions of NCBI.

If this email has been received by you in error we would be grateful if you
could immediately notify the IT Service Desk by telephone at +353 1 8821911 or
by email to service.desk@xxxxxxx and thereafter delete this e-mail from your
system