[vip_students] Re: The 'n dash' Sign

  • From: "Flor Lynch" <florlync@xxxxxx>
  • To: <vip_students@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 May 2011 12:18:37 +0100

Tony,

These symbols are available by Microsoft word, Insert symbols dialogue. In that dialogue, you have several different pages or lists. You can assign your own shortcut key to a special symbol, or use a key that is already there. the person sending the email may have been using Microsoft word as their email editor, such as is allowed in Microsoft outlook.

Now, let's try - . (That was a 'long' dash, produced on the numberpad by turning the numlock on, then typing (alt) 0151. Now - shorter, numlock on, (alt) 0150.

----- Original Message ----- From: "tony sweeney" <deirton711@xxxxxxxxx>