[vip_students] Screen reader users survey

  • From: "Paul Traynor" <paul.traynor@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <vip_students@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 14:51:34 -0000

-----Original Message-----
On Behalf Of Mark Magennis
Sent: 19 December 2008 09:49
Subject: [vicsireland] Screen reader users survey

WebAIM is conducting a survey of screen reader users -
http://webaim.org/projects/screenreadersurvey/

Web accessibility experts often say something like,  "Screen reader
users prefer." followed by some accessibility recommendation. However,
many of these recommendations are based on personal preference or
conjecture - often from sighted users who only test with screen
readers. The fact is that there is little data about screen reader
usage to back up these recommendations.

This survey will ask screen reader users about their usage and
preferences. If you are a full-time, part-time, or even occasional
screen reader user, please take a few minutes to complete the survey
and provide us with a few details on your screen reader usage and
preferences. We will be comparing results between those that rely on
screen readers and those that primarily use them for evaluation and
testing, so all screen reader users are invited to respond. Your
feedback will help influence the accessibility techniques that web
developers implement and that experts recommend. We'll be posting the
survey results in a few months.

Please post this announcement and/or the URL to other accessibility,
disability, and assistive technology lists. More screen reader user

http://webaim.org/projects/screenreadersurvey/

Jared Smith
WebAIM

message.