[vip_students] On Behalf of Irish Guide Dogs for the Blind, You are invited to attend our Services Information Day - June 23rd 2010

  • From: "Paul J. Traynor (NCBI)" <paul.traynor@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <vip_students@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2010 12:29:48 +0100

-----Original Message-----
From: Elaine Walsh [mailto:Elaine@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 16 June 2010 11:38
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: You are invited to attend our Services Information Day - June 23rd
2010

Hello

We are delighted to announce that we have completed an extensive
redevelopment of our training facility here in Cork and we would like to
invite you, your colleagues and any service users who you feel would benefit
from our services, to attend our Services Information Day which takes place
here at

Irish Guide Dogs for the Blind,

The National Training Headquarters,

Model Farm Road, Cork, on Wednesday June 23rd 2010; 12:00pm to 3:00pm.

Our Services include:

*       Guide Dog Mobility Training - We welcome applications from people
who are blind or vision impaired and whose mobility is restricted due to
sight loss and could benefit from the use of a guide dog as a mobility aid.

*       Orientation and Mobility Training- An introduction to O&M skills
taught over a three/four day class.

*       Independent Living Skills Training - All our programmes are based in
Cork and offer an introduction or development of specific skills in order to
complement your own work with our clients in the field;

        *       ILS - Home Skills - An introduction to daily living skills
taught over a three/four day class.

        *       Introduction to Gardening - This is a three day basic
introduction to gardening taught twice a year (Spring and Autumn) at our
training centre in Cork.

        *       Leisure and Recreational Activities - Two different courses
are available to introduce clients to low impact or high impact leisure
activities and we have a range of different activities to keep our clients
busy over the three day course.

I have attached a copy of the invitation to this email. Please feel free to
distribute it to any interested parties.

Please confirm attendance by Wednesday June 16th by email to
info@xxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:info@xxxxxxxxxxxx>  or phone 021 4878200

Yours Sincerely

Deirdre Moriarty

Client Services Manager

Irish Guide Dogs for the Blind,
National Headquarters and Training Centre, Model Farm Road, Cork.

Tel Direct: 021 4878 223    Lo-call: 1850 506 300

Irish Guide Dogs for the Blind (IGDB) is a company limited by guarantee
(registered in Ireland No. 55616).

Our registered office is at National Headquarters and Training Centre, Model
Farm Road, Cork.

IGDB is also a registered Charity (CHY 6006).

The information contained in this e-mail and any accompanying documents may
contain information that is confidential or otherwise protected from
disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, or if
the sender by reply e-mail and then delete this message, including any
attachments. Any dissemination, distribution or other use of the contents of
this message by anyone other than the intended recipient is strictly
prohibited.

IGDB endeavours to ensure that e-mails and any attachments generated by its
staff are free from viruses or other contaminants. However, we will not
accept any responsibility for any such which are transmitted. We therefore
recommend you scan all attachments.

National Council for the Blind of Ireland (NCBI) is a company
limited by guarantee (registered in Ireland No. 26293) .
Our registered office is at Whitworth Road, Drumcondra, Dublin 9.
NCBI is also a registered Charity (chy4626).