[vip_students] Re: NCBI Technology Podcast for February now available

  • From: "Flor Lynch" <florlync@xxxxxx>
  • To: <vip_students@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2015 19:04:54 -0000

Aedan,

That has something to do with your email client. Perhaps it can't read RTF? So, here is a a copy of Stuart's message, from me.

Dear All,

The February edition of our monthly technology podcast is now available from our website (
http://www.ncbi.ie/technologypodcast),
our RSS feed (
http://www.ncbi.ie/technologypodcast.xml)
or to download directly at
http://www.ncbi.ie/sites/default/files/podcasts/podcast_february_2015.mp3

This month we meet Niall Gallagher, who is living in Sligo and has recently graduated with a Masters degree in Human Resource Management from the University of Limerick. We discuss Niall's use of technology and the importance of having good IT skills when accessing higher education. Stuart is joined by Ed Rogers and Steph Tyszka, from Bristol Braille Technology, to talk about a new multi-line Braille reader called Canute. We announce details of an information session run by INBAF, the Irish National braille and Alternative Formats Association, to introduce the Unified English Braille (UEB) and Updated Irish Braille (UIB) codes, taking place in Galway in early March. Finally, Eleanor Burke joins Stuart from London, to discuss her use of technology, both screen magnification and screen reading, as well as OCR and particularly, the recently released KNFB Reader for iOS.

Kind regards,

Stuart

Stuart Lawler

Rehabilitation Centre Manager

NCBI: Working For People With Sight Loss

Whitworth Road, Drumcondra, Dublin 9

Telephone (Direct): 01 882 1961

Mobile: 087 992 6360

Email: stuart.lawler@xxxxxxx

Web: http://www.ncbi.ie

Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ncbisightloss
Follow us on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/ncbi_sightloss

Check-out NCBI's Mícheál Ó Muircheartaigh appeal on the following link. http://youtu.be/25P2tiuCi0U

NCBI Group - CRO No 26293 CHY 20902
NCBI Services - CRO No 527862 CHY 4626
NCBI Retail - CRO No 527863 CHY 20619
NCBI Charitable Foundation - CRO No 527864 CHY 12673

Information in this email (including attachments) is confidential. It is intended for receipt and consideration only by the intended recipient. If you are not an addressee or intended recipient, any use, dissemination, distribution, disclosure, publication or copying of information contained in this email is strictly prohibited. Opinions expressed in this email may be personal to the author and are not necessarily the opinions of NCBI.

If this email has been received by you in error we would be grateful if you could immediately notify the IT Service Desk by telephone at +353 1 8821911 or by email to service.desk@xxxxxxx and thereafter delete this e-mail from your system.

-----Original Message----- From: Aedan O'Meara
Sent: Wednesday, February 04, 2015 5:23 PM
To: vip_students@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [vip_students] Re: NCBI Technology Podcast for February now available