[vip_students] More Iphone4 info

  • From: "noreenmeagher" <noreenmeagher@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <vicsireland@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 21:01:53 +0100

Apologies for cross posting.

iPhone 4 issues bruise Apple

Despite the initial hype and the record sales, the iPhone 4's short life
thus far has been marred by the high-profile antenna issue. Rumours
emerged this week that a recall of the iPhone 4 could be on the cards;
Apple, however, is keen to quash such speculation and is to hold a press
briefing on Friday

to deal with the growing backlash over the poor iPhone 4 reception. It's
not clear just what exactly Apple executives will be saying at the
briefing but commentators and analysts believe it may well announce that
it will be providing bumper cases to iPhone 4 users in a bid to solve
the problem.

The talk of a possible recall took flight this week following a negative
review of the iPhone 4 by influential US consumer watchdog Consumer
Reports. The watchdog said it cannot recommend the newest Apple iPhone
to consumers. It said its tests show a hardware defect causes the iPhone
4 to lose reception when held a certain way, challenging Apple's claims
that the problem is rooted in software that can be easily fixed. This is
the first time Consumer Reports has failed to give the thumbs-up to an
Apple phone.

Following publication of the report Apple drew criticism when it blocked
links on its user-support pages to the review, prompting many blogs to
say the Apple-hosted forums were being censored by the iPhone maker.
Apple hasn't commented on the deleting of links. In spite of the
problems with the antenna and the criticism Apple is currently facing,
most Wall Street analysts have said they don't think the antenna issue
would seriously hurt sales of the new handset. We'll have to wait and
see what Apple has to say for itself on Friday.

  _____

<http://www.spamfighter.com/len> .

Do you have a slow PC?
<http://www.spamfighter.com/SLOW-PCfighter?cid=sigen>  Try free scan!