[vip_students] Re: Manual for iphone

  • From: "Eleanor Burke " <eleanorburke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: vip_students@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2010 02:50:04 +0100

Very well said Flor.

Eleanor
-original message-
Subject: [vip_students] Re: Manual for iphone
From: "Flor Lynch" <florlync@xxxxxx>
Date: 07/07/2010 1:13 am

Hi Tony,

If someone did know (about JAWS having OCR), wouldn't we have heard
about it?  The JAWS help system is excellent in describing JAWS
functionalities.  OCR not being one of them.  PDF's can be compiled from
various source documents including text documents written on a computer
(which the version of the iPhone manual is), as well as from images of
such files.  JAWS can't read image pdf's.  (For those, you need an OCR
program, like kurzweil 1000, Open Book, FineReader, OmniPage, etc.)