[vip_students] Mac Book Air

  • From: "Eleanor Burke" <eleanorburke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <vip_students@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2014 00:37:52 -0000

Hi All, I purchased the above today. Already I am running in to problems but
that is not surprising as I don't know anything about it.  Now for my questions.

1. It is running Mavrix.  I am logging in without Voice Over.  I hink this is
strange but the person in the Apple store told me I had to do that.  I do not
know what exactly is going on really, I press the on button and then the music
comes up, after some seconds elapse as far as I can tell 3 icons come up but I
do not have enough vision to tell what they are and I do not have someone
sighted around tonight.  These icons seem to be arranged in a triangle.  I
press Enter and then there is one icon and I put in my login which then takes
and after some time elapsing, at least 90 seconds, voice over then comes up
talking.  Can I make it that I do not have to keep logging in each time?  Know
this is probably a security and that is OK but can I even have voice over going
while I log in?

2. I want to connect to my wi-fi and can get to the proper place, I am so tired
right now I cannot think of it, may be something like system services but
probably not.  Anyway it says it is open but I cannot find all those things
like my wi-fi, bluetooth etc.  How will I find my home wi-fi?

3. If anyone has a link to David Woodbridge podcast on Mac Book Pro please can
you send me the link?

Thanks this is good for starters.