[vip_students] Re: Loadstone G P S

  • From: "Aedan O'Meara" <aomeara@xxxxxx>
  • To: <vip_students@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 12:39:35 -0000

Hi,
Loadstone is a GPS system specifically designed for blind use. Unlike
the car systems you make and store your own points of interest. Thus you
can mark all the bus stops on your route or all the train stations on
your train route. You need to make a first trip marking these but once
done they are stored for ever on your mobile phone.
Cost is minimal as the software is free. You need a GPS receiver which
you can buy locally in Dublin or on EBAY. This should cost less than
€100. You also need a symbien 60 mobile phone such as the Nokia 6680 or
later.
You can get further detail from the web site:
www.loadstone-gps.comRegards
Aedan O'Meara.