[vip_committees] Fwd: Used Computer Donations

  • From: Blaine Clark <thelight9@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Hank Bloomberg Chapter List <vip_committees@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, PCB Office <pcb1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2011 15:45:16 -0500

Hey folks,

I posted an ad in the DuBois Chamber of Commerce weekly newsletter just last week for used computers. Here's our first response. Read the lower portion of this email.

I'll contact the Penelec/First Energy office and find out what we need to supply to them from the PCB office for the inventory transfer and tax deductible purpose of the donations. Next, since the source is going to deliver them to us, we won't have to be concerned about picking them up! I'll try to modify the membership letter that Chris Sickeri made for us so we can present the PCB watermark that she made with the PCB logo.

I also emailed Mr. Lee Hansen, who was mentioned in the 'Windows to the World' article in the last ACB Braille Forum and asked him about the details of his approach and I told him about the Vinux project we are preparing to become involved with. Mr. Hansen installs JAWs on used computers that are given to him that already have Microsoft installed and he offers them for free.

Jackie, Blair, this is in your back yard! Do you know where the Penelec/First Energy office is on 4th. Street? It would be fantastic if they had early Saturday hours and a few of us could drop in and thank them personally before one of our meetings in Clearfield!

Blaine