[vicsireland] Re: Slicers in Microsoft Excel

  • From: "Flor Lynch" <florlync@xxxxxx>
  • To: <vicsireland@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2018 12:25:15 +0100

Hi David,

I'd not heard of these slicers in Excel before: so, in pursuit of your quest, I googled accessibility slicers Excel. Eventually, I got a result:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_excel-mso_win10-mso_o365b/accessibility-of-an-excel-slicer/dc523f70-80d0-45ac-960e-be50b009fd14?auth=1

which *might* help.

-----Original Message----- From: David Nason
Sent: Monday, July 30, 2018 10:29 AM
To: vicsireland@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [vicsireland] Slicers in Microsoft Excel

Hi all,

Google has got me nowhere on this, so hoping some excel expert here can help ☺️

We have a lot of reports and dashboards built in excel at work. For filtering results, many of them use these visual sort of buttons called slicers.
Does anyone know if there is a way of accessing these slicers with a screen reader?

In addition, some have refresh buttons inside floating objects? Can I access those with screen readers?

Thanks,
Dave

Sent from my iPhone====================
The vicsireland mailing list

To unsubscribe at any time send a mail to:

To contact the moderator send mail to:

tim.j.culhane@xxxxxxxxx

For mor information on the Visually Impaired Computer Society visit: