[vicsireland] Audio Description on FTA

  • From: "Scanlon, Tony" <tony.scanlon@xxxxxx>
  • To: vicsireland@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 01 Sep 2009 10:40:50 +0100

Hi All

The audio description channel is available on some of the UK channels on
the free to air satellite receiver. On most remote controls there is a
language button which makes various changes like stereo sound, setting
sub titles or accessing different language audio tracks.

So when you go to a channel that supports AD hit the language button and
go to the audio channel, it should say English if you then change this
to the next option which on my receiver says unknown the AD soundtrack
should appear.

This only works on some of the channels here is a list of a few I have
come across.

BBC1 London

BBC2 England

BBC3/4.

ITV1 London

ITV2/3/4.

Channel 4 London

Channel 5

Receiver models vary of course so you may need to contact the installer
to advise how to change the audio settings, but it should be possible as
most are made to support multilingual TV channels.

Tony

This e-mail and any attached files are from FAS and are confidential.
This E-mail is intended only for the addressee indicated in the message.
If you are not the intended recipient you must not disclose, copy, distribute
or use the information but please delete the email as soon as possible.
Any views or opinions expressed in the email are those of the sender only
and not necessarily those of FAS.
FAS - Training and Employment Authority
P.O. Box 456,
27-33 Upper Baggot Street, Dublin 4, Ireland.
Email: info@xxxxxxx