[vibe] Off-Topic: Sky Q Accessibility Video

  • From: "Andre Louis" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "onj.louis" for DMARC)
  • To: <vibe@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2021 13:58:20 +0100

Hi everyone. First, an apology.

This is not at all music related, but might be considered an industry game-changer (at least in the UK) and very relevant to visually impaired people who have Sky Q, so I hope that posting this here is useful/informational, not just seen as me promoting my own video on the topic.

Admins, I apologise profusely if this is out-of-line, and do feel free to remove.

TLDR: A few months ago, Sky approached a few blind people they knew to have Sky Q, as they wanted to discuss a system on the box that gave us access to recordings, on-demand, TV guide and so on.
The software was released to people in waves, starting on March 31 2021, and I was asked if I would make a short video explaining a little about it, let you hear it, how to enable it and the rudiments of using the box with speech.

As this list contains many blind people, I hoped to reach more of you that may have Sky Q, but not know about these features and thus raise awareness.

Note: As the software is rolling out gently across the UK, if you find that you don't yet have it, hold on until at the latest, the end of April, when everyone will have access to these features.

Here's the video and I hope someone finds it of use. Thanks very much for your time.

A Quick Look at the new Sky Q Voice Guidance Features for the Blind and Visually Impaired: https://youtu.be/T0lujVqKgTg

    Mr  Andre P. Louis

 Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheOnjLouis/
 Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/andre.louis/