[vibe] #InspiredBySound: Youtube videos for musicians and non-musicians alike

  • From: "Andre Louis" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "onj.louis" for DMARC)
  • To: <vibe@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2018 11:11:31 -0000

Hello everyone. Some of you may know me, some may not. Recently, I undertook something I think will hopefully be useful, educational and yet fun for all types of people. I decided one day that I'd sit down and begin making some youtube videos covering software libraries, workflow in my studio and demonstrating the sorts of sounds that modern libraries contain.
Hopefully this will be of interest to some here and not just a shameless plug. I'm not here to spam or advertise, but to hopefully be helpful to pros or beginners alike.
Part music appreciation, part demo, part teaching-tool, my videos cover a variety of sounds, techniques and libraries from a variety of companies including Spectrasonics, Heavyocity, Soniccouture, Native Instruments and others.

For me, the hope is that these videos will motivate, educate and also inspire people into being creators, or listening to how music can come together.

I'd be happy to discuss further off-list so as not to clog up the feed, and am happy to take suggestions for how to do this sort of thing even better if people have thoughts.

Many thanks, and I've linked to a playlist of the 13 videos I've made so far, below this line.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLajmu-AM8Z8zMvgwjcb_qz2LdukqKE0q9