[vi-tech-testers] types of feedback wanted?

  • From: Mobeen Iqbal <mobeeniqbal@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: vi-tech-testers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 May 2014 23:00:03 +0100

Hello Phil.

I should've clarified, to be honest i hadn't mentioned the type of feedback specifically. its mainly objective feedback that i'm after, if we can refine the process of people being able to backup their systems it would be fantastic to make it as fool proof as possible. i'm also waiting for someone to test this on a windows 8 system. so far i haven't found anyone with a windows machine i can junk *evil chuckle*. personally i hate windows8 it was just like windows vista. i haven't been asked to install it once hahahaha windows7 still remains the most popular operating system. if people want to comment on the guide as well its fine, but all the editing will be done at the end once feedback's been collected. there may still be significant changes to be made. many thanks to all of you for your responses. perhaps we should make a habbit on this list of facing different challenges, i'm still trying to work out the specific goals and the reasons i created this list. can it become something more? i.e should we take on testing and improving various products hardware or software? its an interesting concept and i think viable if people pool resources/experience but it would all depend on how much time people have.

all the best,

Mo.

Mo.

On 22/05/2014 13:48, Agent Orange wrote:
Hi Mo,

Still here.  I've read the guide and have downloaded the ISO.  I'll be
testing it in the next day or so.

Apologies if you have already explained this.  What sort of comments /
feedback are you hoping to get?  Would you like comments of a technical
nature, eg, the process failed, or the steps in the guide do not accurately
reflect the steps I had to go through, or there was an error, etc?  Or would
you like comments on the text of your guide which are of a more editorial
nature, eg, whether there is too much or too little detail, whether you
might consider re-phrasing a sentence, etc?

The former is more objective and in many ways easier for folks to provide.
The latter is potentially more subjective, more time consuming, and perhaps
depends on whether the tester understands your views about the target
audience for the guide and shares your style of writing.

If you could offer some thoughts / guidance on the sort of feedback you are,
or are not, looking for, I would find that helpful in targeting my thoughts
to those areas you are particularly interested in.

Another question: your guide currently specifies a command line process
(fdisk) for the tester to 'break' their hard disc installation of Windows.
Obviously this section will be omitted in the final user guide as it is for
testing purposes only!  However, for those of us more comfortable in
Windows, I assume you would be happy for the disc to be reformatted using
other means, eg, via the command prompt or using a Windows utility?  Or
would you prefer us to stick with the program and use fdisk?  Happy to do
the latter if you prefer.

Cheers

Phil