[vi-kindle] Re: vi-kindle Digest V3 #61

  • From: "Meka White, LMP" <meka@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <vi-kindle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2013 12:57:58 -0800

There are many books that I first found on NLS or bookshare that I later
bought the next books in those particular series on either audible, Kindle,
or in some other ebook format.

Getting the word out about the books that you read is an excellent way to
contribute as well. Whether it's by  using goodreads and posting a rating or
a review whether positive or negative, or joining an email list or forum and
discussing books, or word of mouth to friends or via social networks. All of
it contributes to the oh god I'm going to say this phrase 'reader culture',
and I think it's fabulous.

I really enjoy lending books to people who use kindles as well.  I think
that is an excellent thing and wish more publishers enabled lending.

Warmly,
Meka