[vi-kindle] Re: Wireless and TV Questions-Thinking of Getting a Kindle

  • From: KB7UEN Gene <kb7uengene@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "vi-kindle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <vi-kindle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2013 14:52:32 -0600

One thing I can tell you about the Kindle hardware is that they don't like
hotspots where you have to agree to terms and conditions to connect to the
hotspot.  I have done this on bot the Kindle keyboard and Kindle Paperwhite
with no success.  I have also tried it from the SanDisk Connect wireless flash
drive to see if I could connect to it and that does not work either.  In the
case of the SanDisk Connect, it sees it as a peer-to-peer network.  Your best
bet would be getting an ISP at home and setting up wireless network because the
Kindle hardware seems to work better with them that anything else.  But using
something like an iPod touch would work even better and give you more choices.

Sent from my iPhone