[vi-kindle] Re: Reading books on the fire where TTS is not enabled

  • From: "Russ Kiehne" <russ94577@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <vi-kindle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2016 07:15:19 -0700

After you get it up and running, give us a review of the Fire.

-----Original Message----- From: Mary Otten
Sent: Thursday, July 14, 2016 10:21 AM
To: vi-kindle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [vi-kindle] Reading books on the fire where TTS is not enabled

I have been told on the android list that it is possible to read a book in the Kindle app there even if text to speech is not enabled. Is this also possible on the Kindle fire? I should be receiving mine later today, and I have just found two Russian books which do not have text to speech enabled. I expect these would be accessible on my iPad, because it uses voiceover, not the Amazon text to speech. But if I can get the Kindle I Vona Russian voice, I would love to read these books with that voice, which I believe is the best Russian TTS presently available. So I am curious what experiences people may have had using the fire trying to read a book that does not have text to speech enabled.
Mary

Sent from my iPhone