[vi-kindle] Re: Making use of the new alexa feature on my new fire.

  • From: "Delma" <delmalast@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <vi-kindle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2017 10:24:09 -0600

can you read bard books on the kindle, I heard you cant

-----Original Message----- From: Cheryl Homiak
Sent: Tuesday, January 24, 2017 9:15 AM
To: vi-kindle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [vi-kindle] Re: Making use of the new alexa feature on my new fire.

You have to double tap and hold and from my experience you don't double tap and hold right on the button but just like with other tapping you double tap and hold elsewhere after it is focussed. But again, I also find that in some instances double tap and hold quits working; mostly I have found this in the Bard mobile app; you double tap and hold and there is a tiny kind of sound but not even a beep and nothing happens sometimes or nothing at all happens as if double tap and hold is locked somehow. Very annoying not only for Alexa where I haven't seen it as much but when trying to rewind or fast forward in Bard Mobile. Note that I am not doing this with a braille display if such an option is available for double tap and hold but with my finger.

On Jan 24, 2017, at 2:30 AM, Melissa Tucker <melissatucker4@xxxxxxx> wrote:

The home button doesn't beep when I hold it down either using my Braille display, or finding it on the screen and double tapping on it. I went to settings and made sure that the option is on, but it still doesn't work. Is ther an off and on button other than in settings?