[vi-kindle] How many vi's read?

  • From: <hawthorne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Nan Hawthorne <hawthorne%nanhawthorne.com>)
  • To: vi-kindle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2012 10:02:09 -0700

Tim, maybe you know this. Or know how to find out. I contend that some of the most avid and engaged readers are blind and visually impaired people. i am in touch with tons of authors and always try to make them aware of this.

Are there any stats about how many bvi people get and read books in all sorts of formats? How many book clubs for bvi people there are? Timothy, as a reader advisory, are you in a position to find out some of this?

Frankly one of the things I like about the Kindle is that they don't know when I download a book that I am visually impaired.. so they treat me the same as anyone else buying a book.. I am simply a reader and customer. I find that liberating. Nevertheless it would be good to know some numbers.

--
Nan Hawthorne, Historical Novelist
www.nanhawthorne.com

IndieBRAG Medallion Honoree for AN INVOLUNTARY KING: A TALE OF ANGLO SAXON ENGLAND
http://www.bragmedallion.com/medallion-honorees/2012/an-involuntary-king-a-tale-of-anglo-saxon-england

"If we are to become friends I must laugh the way I really do."
  Gabbo de la Parra

http://www.doteasy.com