(VICT) Tonight

  • From: Infinitepaws@xxxxxxx
  • To: vi-clicker-trainers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 23:00:59 EDT

Turns out this isnt a food guarding issue, but an issue with getting  stepped
on by the danes.. in the hubbub of food the danes were stepping on him .
They have worked it out and the danes are more careful and he is more aware of
their fat feet. Hooray.
We are beginning the cues and behaviors for his service work.. he is learning
 to stop at curbs and to stop for up-curbs. He is finally understanding that
a  loose leash is desireable and that we dont get anywhere when it is tight..
he  isnt dumb but that one was a sheer habit.. They say it takes 21 days to
make a  new habit.. we are well on our way! He is doing very well at getting
his
 practice collar on and we will be starting with his harness soon. Tonight I
really started to feel that he was trying to be part of a team..dog
distractions  were a bit of a challenge on the way out but were noticeably
better on
the way  back.. rapid fire hotdog slices definitely helped!

Sandy Foushee
Infinite Paws-Abilities Training and Service  Dogs
Teamed with Alexandra Guide/Service Dog
Colorado Service/Assistance  Dog Club - Trainer.-
_http://journals.aol.com/infinitepaws/zairs-journey/_
(http://journals.aol.com/infinitepaws/zairs-journey/)

Tyler Florence" on AOL Food.