(VICT) Switching dog foods.

  • From: Melinda Rauch <mrauch@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: vi-clicker-trainers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2007 07:49:05 -0500

Hi Shelley and all,

Melinda and Smokey, My Mellow Fellow here,

Shelley, like Karyn I tend to take several weeks to do a food switch.  My
previous dog, April  My Happy Husky, was changed to many many foods during
her life, and I usually took between two to four weeks to do it, depending
on the food and her reaction.  I was lucky with her because she never had
any real problems with a food, except with one or two brands, and I believe
that doing a very gradual change over to the new food helped tremendously.
Smokey was eating ProPlan at Leader, and our beagle doesn't do well on that
food, so I started changing him over to Canidae as soon as we got home and
he has done very well on it.  I was worried because not only was I changing
food brands, but I also changed him from once a day to twice a day feedings
as well, and he has done well.

Angie, isn't NRG made by Wysong?  I wanted to try it, but it's impossible
to get around here, so I'll just stick to a high quality dry food as my
main food source for my dogs.

Take care, and be safe out there!

Your friends always,

Melinda and Smokey My Mellow Fellow and April, now our angel dog.
mrauch@xxxxxxxxx