(VICT) Re: Interesting Info Regarding Met

  • From: "Ann Edie" <annedie@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <vi-clicker-trainers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 07:27:07 -0400

Hi, Donna,

We used to hear that brewers' yeast was good for people as well as dogs.  I
don't remember exactly what it was supposed to have in it.  I know I took it
when I was pregnant with my first child, but that was 30 years ago.  There
are many different types of yeast, just as there are many types of bacteria
or viruses.  Some of them are harmful, but others are helpful, or even
essential for the smooth functioning of our bodies.  So it could be that the
kind of yeast that they make into tablets for dogs is helpful, where the
kind of yeast that Met has is harmful, especially in an animal with a
compromised immune system.

Best,
Ann