(VICT) Our crowning achievement

  • From: "Karyn and Thane" <bcpaws4me@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Vi-clicker" <vi-clicker-trainers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2009 16:28:19 -0700

Today we did a lot. We gained some experience on Lift and then went to get a
couple items for Thane at Nature's Pet. We use the bus and Max to get there
and home.
When we boarded the Max to come home (they only had one accessible car on
the train), when we entered the door, the wheelchair seating was filled up
by that door.
There are 4 wheelchair seats in the car but there is a long fairly narrow
aisle of sideway seats that you have to get past to get to the other
wheelchair seats. Its either that or exit and come back in the other door.
That however chances missing the train altogether.
Without any instruction from me, Thane just turned left instead of right and
headed up the aisle- I really did not know my chair fit through there, and
he quickly settled into the wheelchair seating just as the train was pulling
off from the station. As we settled into our spot, one guy said, *That's a
Border Collie at work* Smile
It was just a real crowning achievement to me of how much Thane has learned
to problem solve.
I really am proud of this wonderful young sidekick, even if we do still need
to work on a few things at times Smile

Karyn and Thane