(VICT) Met

  • From: "metnme2" <metnme2@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "vi-clicker" <vi-clicker-trainers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 14:04:19 -0700

Met has been out of surgery for a little over an hour now. Its been hard
being without him. Its the little things that he does that are getting to me
now that he is home. Since his skin was so bad its been habit for me to go
check if he is out of my sight too long to see if he is chewing himself and
out of habit I went to do that- LOL
Scott said the surgery went well but it was a bit snug closing the incision.
He said based on where it is located it should not be a problem once it
heals. I will of course be on seizure watch for him for probably at least
the first couple weeks- obviously not as watchful after about the first 2-3
days but still alert. More than likely he will be OK but one can never tell
with these kinds of things. He will be picked up in a couple of hours and
brought home to me by my folks. I can't wait to have him back.
Scott did tell me we will have to play the ability to guide by ear as he
just does not ahve enough experience with that kind of thing to know when
his leg will be able to handle the kind of tension (wrong word but hopefully
you all know what I mean) that guiding (especially quick changes for safety)
may entail but that most likely he could handle just a regular leisure walk
tomorrow. We will just have to see how he does.
Andrea did have a big eye opener though when Met was gone. No one really has
any idea how impaired my vision is until Met is not here. I think it kinda
amazed her at how well we handle ourselves after that experience. For her
first time being a human guide I have to say she really did quite well.
Anyway I probably won't write more until at least tomorrow- he is going to
need my attention.
I thankyou all for your good thoughts and prayers for him (and me) today

Karyn