(VICT) Hard to Believe

  • From: metnme2 <metnme2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Vi-Clicker <vi-clicker-trainers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2007 12:46:13 -0700 (PDT)

9 years ago, during the second week of April, Met
began his community service work with me to help keep
me safe and more independent. Though he was not fully
trained at that time, he certainly new the basics to
help keep me from jumping curbs and knew how to get me
straight across the street. At that time he was also
performing many hearing skills for me at about an
80-90 percent accuracy outdoors and of the trained
skills indoors the percentage was even higher.
I remember how nervous I was at first but Met took it
all in stride.
Its hard to remember a time when he was not there with
me- my sidekick.
Now as I reflect over all our journeys, our
experiences- both good and bad I get a bit of sadness
because I know he won't be able to be my sidekick
forever.
But this month is a time for us to Celebrate our
journeys together.
If all these companies I needed to use cooperate with
my supply orders, Met will be getting a new harness
this month to commemorate our teamwork made by me. He
is long overdue and definitely does not need something
as heavy as the Freedom Design one is.
I have not been doing well lately with my MCS
(multiple chemical sensitivities) and pain issues so
the amount of effort it takes for me to do my part in
getting that heavy harness on him has been more than I
can deal with at times.
Anyway it is indeed a time to Celebrate- who woulda
thunk this boy who came from abuse to vaccinosis would
still be working by my side at 10 years of age!

My hat is off to you dear boy
Thankyou for the many safe journeys you have taken me
on

Karyn and Met (10 y.o. BC/ Shepherd Combo Guide,
Service, Hearing Dog)