[vi-android] custom ROMs

  • From: Glenn <glennervin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <vi-android@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2014 09:45:18 -0500

Hi,
I successfully rooted one of my Galaxy S3 phones with TowelRoot.
My problem was that I was browsing to it and as soon as I opened the folder
where the .APK file was, it launched, and it would get so far and have
errors.
Then when I did all that Tony on the list suggested, it worked.
I got a file manager program, I'm surprised they don't come in these
devices.
Browsing to an app in a file manager is different than going to the folder
where it resides.
Who'd of known!
But now I am looking for a custom ROM for the phones.
Has anyone here ever installed one with TalkBack?
I have downloaded the latest Omni ROM and I'm uncertain of my next steps and
would like someone to walk me through it if possible, or at least some steps
written down.
If you are on the eyes-free list, please post my message there, as I tried
to unsubscribe a couple years ago, and all I accomplished was the inability
to post to the list, but I still get the messages.
Thanks.

Glenn