[vi-android] Tell me about nearby Explorer and Nearby Explorer Online

  • From: "JM Casey" <crystallogic@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <vi-android@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2017 18:30:21 -0400

hello folks.

Continuing my pilgrimage into the android universe, I have found the app "Nearby Explorer Online" and started using it today, mostly out of curiosity. it seems really useful, and I found the manual online as well, which will be helpful as right now I can't really figure out how to make it do some of the things it claims to be able to do. I also noticed there's a paid app, which CHristopher also mentioned in his list of useful applications, simply called "Nearby Explorer". So I guess what I'm wondering about is: do people still generally use this app for this purpose (I noticed the last update seems to have been in 2015), and do they prefer the non-online version? it seems as though, with all the offline maps, it might be useful to purchase this app. If I decide to go for it, is there any advantage to keeping the Online version on my phone, or should I just delete it? i assume the sharing features and stuff are still available in the offline version if you want them? Any thoughts in general about this app or others of its kind and how they work? Remember that I'm really new to all of this. It's all very interesting and I'm more than willing to experiment, but I don't want to jump the gun on anything.

Thanks in advance!

JM

To post to the list, simply send email to vi-android@xxxxxxxxxxxxx.

with 'unsubscribe' in the Subject field (new users, use 'subscribe' to
subscribe)

To receive the list as a digest, send an email to
vi-android-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'set vi-android digest' in the subject
(to go back to receiving every message use 'unset vi-android digest' in the