[vctc-general] tax time

  • From: Ben Taylor <macguges@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: general VCTC <vctc-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2006 13:53:38 -0800 (PST)

"The hardest thing in the world to understand is the income tax."
Albert Einstein

Thinking about taxes either gives me a headache or puts me asleep, but
I cannot deny that the Web provides many useful tools for getting my returns
done correctly and on time.

Website of our Internal Revenue Service:
http://www.irs.gov

IRS' list of free online tax preparation services
http://www.irs.gov/app/freeFile/jsp/index.jsp

IRS' page on Free Tax Return Preparation
http://www.irs.gov/individuals/article/0,,id=107626,00.html

TaxAlmanac, an in-depth wiki encyclopedia of tax topics:
http://www.taxalmanac.org/index.php/Main_Page

Wikipedia's entry on Form 1040, the long form of the tax return.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Form_1040

Common Errors with Tax Returns, from TaxAlmanac:
http://www.taxalmanac.org/index.php/Checklist_of_Common_Errors_When_Preparing_Your_Tax_Return

an index of Tax Preparation links prepared by Google:
http://www.google.com/Top/Home/Personal_Finance/Tax_Preparation/

Americans haven't been the only ones to worry about taxes..
http://www.taxworld.org/History/TaxHistory.htm

Here's to a hassle-free tax season!

Ben