[va-richmond-general] this n' that

  • From: Julie Kacmarcik <juliekazz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2003 12:40:01 -0400

Was very happy to hear a Bobwhite call this morning about 7am in my
neighborhood. A call I haven't heard around here for a few years. Also had a
fawn hopping across the road last night in the same area. The little guy
appeared to be "just hatched" as he was so, so tiny. Mom also was close by.
Red bellied young are feeding voraciously at the suet and our second brood of
bluebirds is starting up. Hummingbirds are loving the blooming Bee Balm and the
Grackles seem content  to settle for the fuzzy bagels.

Julie Kacmarcik
Chester