[va-richmond-general] swans in Hanover County

  • From: Jeremy and Kristen McEntire <jkmcentire@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2015 15:39:35 -0500

There are right now 12 swans in the swampy lake just south of the Hanover
County courthouse complex on Rt 301.  I got a view of them from behind the
office of the county building inspector.  They are either tundra or trumpeter
swans, but I only have my junky binos with me, so I couldn't get a good look.
I asked permission to walk around a bit, and it was hesitatingly granted, but
maybe someone else could have better success with better optics.

Jeremy McEntire