[va-richmond-general] Re: owl(?) scolding on MCV campus

  • From: Catharine Tucker <cath.tucker@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nkotula@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2013 22:28:22 -0400

When I was working at Massey Cancer Center, we had a real problem with
flocks of blackbirds roosting in trees on campus. There was a big mulberry
by the parking lot where the Goodwin Research building is now. The
droppings became a potential health problem, especially for
immunocompromised patients, so the electronic "sounders" were installed in
trees by Sanger Hall and several other places around campus.  There were a
number of us who lobbied for this approach rather than cutting down more
trees.
       Catharine

--
Catharine White Tucker