[va-richmond-general] lots of backyard action

  • From: "Kacmarcik" <kacmarcik@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2005 09:48:32 -0500

5 towhees, 5 bluebirds and 8 yellow rumps-all feeding on the ground under the
suet this morning. Also saw a Brown Thrasher gathering nest material and flying
into the Lagustra with it. Red-shouldered Hawks kee-yerring over head and a
Yellow-bellied sapsucker duking it out with a Red-bellied at the suet.
On a sad note-my favorite woodpecker "tree" which I have negotiated to keep up
with my husband for over 5 years now hit the ground this week . Nothing damaged
except a couple daffodil blosssoms, an Autumn Olive bush and my heart. Sad to
see it go..........

Come on March 20!

Julie Kacmarcik
Chester