[va-richmond-general] Yard birds

  • From: "Kathy Kreutzer" <k-kreutzer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2008 12:26:26 -0400

I also have had a male Rose-breasted Grosbeak visiting my feeders this
morning, I ran out and put out more safflower and sunflower seeds in the
hopes he will hang around!  There are at least a dozen bright male
goldfinches at my feeders; they are here in the yard, in smaller numbers,
all year.  Hummingbirds are fighting over the nectar feeders and a pair of
bluebirds has been checking out the backyard.  A pair of mallards has been
visiting every morning for a few weeks and swimming in our small pond - and
they all look beautiful against all the green from the rain.  Hard to do
anything but sit and watch!

Kathy Kreutzer

Chesterfield