[va-richmond-general] Woodcock - Stony Point Fashion Park

  • From: Lewis Barnett <blbarnett3@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2014 06:49:51 -0500

I checked out the area where Arun Bose found American Woodcock at Stony Point
Fashion Park before sunrise this morning. I arrived at about 6:10am, and heard
the Woodcock “peent” twice just after that. By 6:15am, it had gone quiet.
Sunrise is at 6:48 this morning, so it shut down about half an hour before
that.

Great bird for the city, and a relatively easy location. If you park at the
extreme northern end of the parking lot, nearest the river, there is a stairway
that leads down to the access road. There is a crosswalk that leads you over to
a sidewalk that crosses the power line cut. I could faintly hear the Woodcock
from the parking lot, but it was much clearer from that sidewalk.

--
Lewis Barnett
blbarnett3@xxxxxxxxx