[va-richmond-general] Wetlands Before Work (Friday Apr 10th)

  • From: Kirk Andrews <kirkaandrews@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Richmond Birders <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 09:27:55 -0700 (PDT)

Better late than never!

Highlights were a flock of Rusty Blackbirds and 5 Forster's Terns at the river.
Note: E-bird has recently requested that we make more of an effort to report
the # of each species seen (rather than just using "X"), so I've reported my
best estimate for most of the species we saw Friday.

Kirk

Location:     James River Park--The Wetlands
Observation date:     4/10/09

Notes:     Saw the terns down at the river. Assumed they were gulls at first,
but got a nice surprise once we took a better look. Also, saw a probable juv.
Bald Eagle, but not quite a good enough look to list.

Number of species:     33

Canada Goose     3
Mallard     1
Double-crested Cormorant     2