[va-richmond-general] West End Whip-poor-will

  • From: "Michael Shapiro" <sc.tanager@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Richmond listserv" <VA-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 21:24:22 -0400

    As I was leaving a friends house in the Wyndham area this (Tuesday)
evening, right at 8:45pm, I heard a Whip-poor-will calling repeatedly not too
far behind their house. This was a state bird for me, as the only
Whip-poor-will I've ever actually seen or heard before today was several years
ago in North Carolina. Is this the closest to downtown Richmond has ever
recorded them before? Would like to know if anyone has seen/heard them any
closer to the city (in Henrico) than Wyndham. Thanks.
Michael Shapiro
northside