[va-richmond-general] Warblers in Stony Point/Bon Air area, 5/8/11

  • From: "Barnett, Lewis" <lbarnett@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 May 2011 10:11:50 -0400

Pursuant to doing my duty of cooking Mother's Day breakfast, I stuck close to
home this morning - a one block radius of home, in fact.

After the good looks at Bay-breasted Warbler yesterday in the 42nd Street
parking lot with the RAS bird walk, I was excited but not too surprised to find
a Bay-breasted singing in the hickory tree at the bottom of my driveway this
morning - a new yard bird. It was joined in a pretty fine warbler parade by
Northern Parula, Magnolia Warbler, Cape May Warbler, Black-throated Blue
Warbler, Blackpoll Warbler, American Redstart, and Common Yellowthroat. Oh yes,
and Yellow-rumped, too. I also found a female Baltimore Oriole and a singing
Eastern Wood Pewee. Not bad for a cloudy, drizzly, stay-at-home morning

Lewis Barnett
lbarnett@xxxxxxxxxxxx