[va-richmond-general] Turkey Vulture near our yard

  • From: "Jim Blowers" <jimvb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'Va-Richmond-General@Freelists. Org'" <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 17:44:51 -0400

This morning at about 7:45 am, I saw a turkey vulture near a pine tree near
the street between my house and the neighbor to the left. I have attached a
picture of him. He sat near the top of the skinny pine for a while, and then
he took off; when I saw him in flight shortly afterwards, he seemed enormous
in the sky. There is a squashed dead squirrel in the street near the
boundary of our two lots, so maybe that attracted him.

Jim Blowers