[va-richmond-general] The news...

  • From: "IE Ries" <featherchaser@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "RAS" <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 19:20:39 -0400

  Greetings, all!

  Was down in Georgia for a little mini-vacation Friday through Monday, and it
was VERY quiet down there, bird-wise.  I think the birds flew through ahead of
a front and the hurricane, but I did manage to spot a Loggerhead Shrike on a
powerline (life bird for me) while in the foothills of the mountains.

  There won't be as many daytime, weekday birding notes from me as I started my
new job today *sniffle*  However, I'm now working in Petersburg and on the
grounds where 4 agencies are housed on state land; a good portion of it is
forested and wooded.  Last week a Brown Thrasher and a Redshouldered Hawk
popped out from the woodline to greet me while I was there to do some
preliminary paperwork.  So, there's lunchtime birding in the works,
opportunities for me to put up some window birdfeeders, and do some birding on
they way home (and for those of you on the I-85/I-95 route home, if you want to
do that, let me know).  Today driving home on RT 288 toward Chesterfield, I saw
a Baldie fly over the highway on some serious Baldie business.  Nice ending to
my first day at my new job :)

  Cheers,

  Irene in Southside