[va-richmond-general] The Big Sit!-Saturday Oct 13th (7am-7pm)

  • From: Diane Jadlowski <djadski@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: RAS general list <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2018 13:46:28 -0400

The Big Sit!-Saturday Oct 13th (7am-7pm)
37.524791, -77.410682 (GPS for the "where" field)
"Join Richmond Audubon as we attempt to tally as many species as possible from one stationary location while we SIT! The Big Sit! will see teams across the country "competing" as they attempt to record as many species as they can from a fixed location in one day.This is RAS' 2nd year, in 2017 we found 44 species. The count will be stationed on the bluff at Chimborazo Park in Church Hill. We'll be overlooking the dog park. Anyone interested in helping with the count is welcome, just bring a chair and your optics (including scopes) and hang out for a while. Counters will be stationed on the bluff from first light until sunset. For more information contact Ellison Orcutt at vicepresident1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. Chimborazo Medical Museum will have public restrooms available during business hours. For more on The Big Sit visit: https://www.birdwatchersdigest.com/bwdsite/connect/bigsit/about.php.";

Ellison
--
Ellison Orcutt
Birder/Naturalist