[va-richmond-general] Re: Tap, tap, is this thing on? Black-capped chickadees

  • From: "blbarnett3@xxxxxxxxx" <blbarnett3@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2015 11:12:31 -0400

Hi Deanna,

Summer just tends to be a pretty slow time for the listserv, with folks on
vacation and whatnot. I’ve noticed a general decline in traffic over the years,
too, which in the back of my mind I ascribe to the rise of Facebook as an
alternative communication channel.

There was a Crossbill that frequented a feeder in Henrico for several weeks a
few years back, so they aren’t unprecedented in our area, but definitely
unusual.

--
Lewis Barnett
Dept. of Math and Computer Science, University of Richmond

On Jul 10, 2015, at 11:02 AM, (Redacted sender "deannamail@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
<dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

No responses to the previous query about red crossbills, so maybe no one is
seeing my email. Any response would be helpful.

This summer there have been a black-capped chickadees at our sunflower seed
feeder daily. We've never seen them as regular visitors before. Is anyone
else noticing this? Could this be a result of climate change, or do they
typically summer this far south? We're in Eastern Hanover, in a wooded area.

Deanna
deannamail@xxxxxxx