[va-richmond-general] Sightings of Raven in the Richmond area, 02-15-13 -- 02-24-13

  • From: akb <arun1bose@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2013 15:45:19 -0500

Hello birders,
Over the past week or so I have encountered Ravens on 5 separate occasions.
Not unexpected these days but to have seen them with regularity in
different locations in the space of 10 days is a first for me.

In summary

02-15-13
On 288, Henrico Co. traveling to work, 2 birds (regularly see them here).

02-15-13
At Innsbrook lake, Henrico Co. 2 birds (probably same pair as above).

02-20-13
North end of Willey Bridge, Henrico Co. 1 bird (saw one here on Feb 5th
also atop a power line tower. Also a single bird was seen here last spring).

02-23-13
Floodwall / rail yard, City of Richmond. 1 bird (has been seen here in the
past, as well as Commerce Rd.nearby).

02-24-13
City Point, Hopewell, 1 bird ( last November/December I saw 2 birds near
here crossing the Appomattox river to Chesterfield Co. Also in the past I
have seen them near the Vulcan Quarry in Prince George Co.).

Google Map with location points.
http://goo.gl/maps/QqxKt

Arun Bose
Richmond