[va-richmond-general] Ruffed Grouse drumming

  • From: "Hudson Hoen" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "hhoen3" for DMARC)
  • Date: Sat, 5 Dec 2015 12:23:02 +0000 (UTC)

 While hiking up Stony Man Mountain in the Shenandoah National Park on October
29th, I came across a Ruffed Grouse on his "drumming log". He was a bold little
guy, and held forth with his drumming in spite of the hikers walking by and
watching him from 50-60 feet away.
My first attempt to post photos here failed (due to link problems), so I'm
trying again. Click the "View on flickr" link next to the thumbnail image below
to go to the album.

Ruffed Grouse Drumming

|   |
| Ruffed Grouse DrummingStony Man Mountain, Shenandoah National Park, 29 Oct
2015 |
| |
| View on flic.kr | Preview by Yahoo |
| |
|   |

There are three photos and a video. Unfortunately, the sound of his drumming
didn't make it past the low frequency filter on my camera's mic.
Hudson Hoen