[va-richmond-general] Riverside Dr., yard birds

  • From: "Janice Frye" <jjfdc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2009 16:01:12 -0500

Yard bird #37 was a pine warbler on the suet feeder after I dropped my son
off at school.  The wood duck pair was in sight this morning near Rock
Falls, and this afternoon the hooded merganser female was sleeping near
there while the male kept watch.  There are fewer buffleheads, almost no
ring necks, and more frequent grebe and cormorant sightings along with the
usual geese and mallards.  Oh, and there was the adult bald eagle again
today.  Could there perhaps be a new nest along that stretch of the river?

Jan